BA-FG and VT-VE Custom Tuning
Using the latest in tuning software including VCM Suite, SCT Flash and Kalmaker, we are able to tune your ride for performance AND economy. It doesn't just stop there... we also offer a range of tuning options with Aftermarket Engine Management Systems.
Just call and ask one of our staff to tell you more!
We are now an official distributor of SUCROGEN E85!
- E85 by the drum (200L) or by the Litre
- The ONLY 108-Octane available on the market today
- Great Value for Money
- Most consistent E85 available
- Long shelf life (200-250Yrs)
- Corrosive inhibitor added
- In house E85 Dyno Tuning Available!
Its also the official fuel for the V8 Supercars!! Always have 400L in stock!
ANDRA TECH INSPECTIONS
ANDRA Tech Inspections are now available here at Paramount.
Terry is one of the local ANDRA Tech Inspectors for our area.
Give him a ring for all inspections & rule book advice!
QLD STREET CAR MAG - PARAMOUNT FEATURE
Get into your Local News Agents & Pick up the latest copy of QLD STREET CAR MAG. Check out the Paramount Shop Feature - including many photos & shout outs of various customer vehicles!
AEROFLOW DEALER & INSTALLER
Paramount is now an AEROFLOW DEALER & INSTALLER!!
We are proud to support an Australian Product & have a huge range of Fittings, Weld Ons, Hoses, Filters, Throttle Bodies, Fuel Rails, Fuel Cells, Tools etc etc. If we don't have what you need we can get it the next day!! Come in & check out our range..
Paramount Performance HDT275 turns a wheel. After 12 months in production Terry's Twin turbo LS VC Brock made its debut at the APSA Pro Street Shootout 23/3/13 round 1. He pulled out all the stops to make the first round. And what a day it was.. first time the car had set rubber to the track- Licenced the car, tested & raced all in the same meeting.
The car is one of most stock looking Brock Styled Muscle cars in the ranks. With the original maroon Brock trim and full VC Brock body kit it was dynod with 900 Plus Horsepower at the rear tyres. This car is what Aussie X275 is about! In a fairy tale finish, Terry won the event!
After 2 sessions of testing the car has punched out a 8.93 at 156.79mph but has lots more power to tap into, this car is very cool!
HDT275 ROAD TRIP TO SYDNEY
Terry & the Paramount team took HDT275 on a 2200klm road trip to Sydney & back for round 3 in the APSA- Australian Pro Street Shootout. And by road trip we mean actually drove HDT275 the whole 2200klm, without putting a spanner on the vehicle.
Terry wanted to prove he can build a car that can drive 1100kms down from QLD to NSW..Race at an APSA shootout then Drive back....
Not only did he achieve this but He also got the Winners points and Trophy for the X275 Class in Sydney with an 8.62Et. Currently winning in the Points series, this is what APSA wanted the Australian X275 Class to be about!!!
Absolutely amazing effort and show of one of the fastest Street Cars in Australia. The car was the talk of the meeting and his run will be featured in Street Machine magazine July Issue...
Stay tuned for the APSA 4th round @ benaraby raceway which is on 31/08/13.
HDT275 HITS THE COVER OF STREET MACHINE
HDT275 hits the cover of issue 299 STREET MACHINE-
You can read all about HDT275 & the 1000klm trip to sydney drags & back the QLd in issue 299 of Street Machine.
Terry HDT275 Wins - 2013 X275 Championship
What a Year 2013 has been for Terry & HDT275. Driving to the Race meets across Australia, Running a PB of 8.10 @ 169mph, Featuring in Street Machine Magazine, Nominated for Street Machine of the Year & to top it all off Won the 2013 X275 Championship! Thank you to those who Helped us get the car where it is today & to everyone who supports the Paramount Team ! See you all in 2014 for another Epic year of Driving / Racing!!
STREET COMMODORES COVER
Check out HDT275 in STREET COMMODORES magazine issue 226!
Made the COVER! Well done Team!
When choosing an exhaust system, you should know that size does matter. Some cars perform with small exhausts, some with big exhausts. A common misconception is that the larger the exhaust diameter the better the system. Systems that are too large can actually reduce performance levels with their lack of correct back pressure.
Here at paramount we highly recommend mandrel bent custom exhaust systems. Mandrel is a type of bending system allows the tube to be bent, without altering its original shape and size, which in turn enhances flow and appearance.
We do offer press bent systems for non performance applications, however a press bent system where the pipe is pressed together to bend the pipe for correct fitments does restrict exhaust flow, and should only be used for the purpose of creating a differing sound in standard vehicles.
Benefits of a custom exhaust
In most cases, the fuel economy of the engine will improve. This is due to the scavenging effects of an efficient design of headers (more clean air fuel mixture being delivered into the cylinder bore resulting in a more powerful power stroke). Quite simply this means that the engine does not have to work as hard to deliver the same power. The typical way in which fuel economy will decrease is when the increase in engine power changes the driver's driving habits, pushing the engine harder and therefore using more fuel than normal.
We use and recommend Pacemaker extractors (headers) whenever possible. Typically, these headers provide a power increase on cars of between 10-25% . however Pacemaker does not make headers for every application so we may use another brand for certain applications.
Key reasons we recommend Pacemaker extractors/headers:
• Mandrel is a type of bending system allows the tube to be bent, without altering its original shape and size, which in turn enhances flow and appearance. Some header manufacturers do not have access to this system while others mix and match mandrel bends with ordinary press bends. All Pacemaker headers/extractors use mandrel bends
• There are two ways pipes can be welded to a flange on a header. The correct way is to have the pipe set through the flange, welded around the top to seal the pipe, mould the pipe to the correct size and shape and then finally, machining off the access. The other way is to simply butt weld the pipe onto the top of the flange. This may seem to be the easiest way of welding pipes to a flange but unfortunately, this means the flange port needs to be cut smaller than the pipe and not necessarily to the right size and shape to match the cylinder head. All Pacemaker headers/extractors use pipes set through the flange, which is another reason why we use and recommend Pacemaker products.
• Pacemaker headers have ceramic coatings, which is a thermal skin applied internally and externally to the header. This skin or coat, apart from other properties, consists of ceramic and aluminium. This combination provides very high thermal resistance and is an ideal coating for headers, pistons and other high temperature components. A by-product of ceramic coating is its high lustre or finish, and should increase the life of the product.
Here at Paramount, we have carried out many test on our Dyno Dynamics Dyno and found that with the correct exhaust system fitted to your vehicle, exhaust gases escape the engine cylinders with greater ease. With less exhaust gas in the cylinder, a greater intake of air/fuel mixture is achieved. When you combine this air induction with a K&N Filter, your vehicle breathes properly and as mentioned the cylinders are empty allowing in more air/fuel mixture on the intake stroke of the engine. With more fuel/air mixture in the cylinder, you gain more power.
If you would like prices or applications to suit; call our office on (07) 4659 9711
DYNO / CAR DISPLAY CHARITY DAY